You can now file Tax Levy via email. You must use [email protected].
Please note that all filing dates are still 90 days before the election by 4:00 p.m.
You will NEED to attach all of the following for the tax levy to appear on the ballot. Please speak to your legal counsel for the correct forms and documents.
- Resolution or Ordinance declaring it necessary to levy a tax – this is certified to the County Auditor
- Auditors Certification
Resolution to Proceed of the Taxing Authority (this is what is used to ask the Board of Elections to place the question on the ballot):
- The purpose of the levy
- The millage
- The number of years levy will last
- Type of Levy (additional, renewal, or replacement)
- Date of the Election they are asking it to appear
- Code section they are filing under (ex. 5705.19(G))
- Commencing year
- Signed and dated by the clerk or fiscal officer.